The EMS art program takes pride in motivating students to express themselves visually and creatively while building strong/positive relationships. Students explore various techniques, artists, media, and history. In art class, students will focus on the basic skills in art: elements/principles of design, drawing, painting, mixed media, printmaking, and glass/ceramics.
Our EMS art program gives your student(s) the ability to
- Learn to trust their creative intelligence.
- Learn to identify aesthetic qualities in a variety of artwork and in the environment.
- Learn about history and culture through art.
- Learn to more effectively use their senses to explore the world.
- Use both verbal and nonverbal methods to express abstract ideas and emotions.
- Learn the language of visual art so that they may have a precise vocabulary in which to express their ideas.
- Practice problem solving and critical thinking.
- Learn concepts and techniques that will give them control of the visual images they produce.
- Accept differences and celebrate uniqueness.
- Build Positive relationships.
Students’ art accomplishments can be seen in every hallway throughout the school!